Established in 1992, The Mentoring Partnership of New York (MPNY) is an affiliate of MENTOR, Inc. The Mentoring Partnership of New York helps individuals and groups from different sectors to become involved in mentoring opportunities for youth. The Mentoring Partnership of New York is not itself a mentoring program. It is a catalyst, linking individuals, organizations and communities to existing mentoring programs and the young people they serve. We offer all our services free of charge so that we can make sure as many mentoring programs as possible operate safely and effectively.
For those who want to start a mentoring program, become a mentor or find a mentor, we act as mentoring consultants. We make it easy! The Mentoring Partnership of New York will provide training, technical support, advocacy and resources to program providers, and volunteer mentors. We make mentoring work.
- To be an advocate for the expansion of quality mentoring opportunities for New York City youth.
- To be a resource for mentors and mentoring initiatives citywide.
Our goals are:
- To expand mentoring in New York City by helping new programs start, expand existing mentoring programs and recruiting mentors
- To share the knowledge of best practices in mentoring and implement them for success
- To raise awareness about the importance of mentoring and develop support from a variety of sources
As an advocate and resource:
- Educates New Yorkers about the variety of mentoring opportunities available and the potential for their involvement.
- Helps individuals identify appropriate mentoring opportunities where they live, work, worship or spend their free time.
- Helps corporations, faith-based institutions, associations, government agencies and other organizations find the appropriate non-profit mentoring partner, expand an existing program or start a new mentoring initiative.
- Assists youth-serving organizations in establishing or strengthening quality mentoring programs.
- Coordinates mentor/mentee trainings for new programs.
- Identifies financial and in-kind resources to support mentoring efforts in New York City.
- Provides networking opportunities for program coordinators of mentoring programs.