Start A Program
Thank you for your interest in starting a formal youth mentoring program. This section will provide you with the resources you need to create a quality mentoring program following our Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring™, Third Edition, which outlines research- and experience-based guidelines for running safe and effective mentoring programs. The left menu provides categories of resources for:
- Program Design and Planning includes how to design parameters for your program;
- Program Managementincludes resources related to setting up an advisory group, managing information, fund raising, policies and procedures, advocacy, public relations and building coalitions;
- Program Operations encompasses resources for recruitment, screening, orientation and training, matching, activities, ongoing match support and match closure; and
- Program Evaluation provides resources for measuring program process and outcomes. In addition, there are a variety of related resources.
Another available resource is the companion tool kit to the Elements of Effective Practice. How to Build a Successful Mentoring Program Using the Elements of Effective Practice is available in both English and Spanishand includes tools, templates and advice for implementing and adhering to the Elements of Effective Practice--rigorous guidelines that, when followed, will help to ensure quality mentoring.
- MENTOR Invites Corporations to Take the Corporate Mentoring Challenge
- Three New Volunteer Leaders Bring Diverse Skills and Experiences to MENTOR Board of Directors
- Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge Expands with Support from MENTOR and the Big 12 Conference
- MENTOR and AT&T Announce Partnership to Launch New Mentoring Corps