National Mentoring Summit Holds Eye to Eye Discussion On Mentoring Youth from the LD/ADHD Perspective
The Summit session panel included Matt Barnett and Chelsea Guild, Eye to Eye mentors; Tammy Tai, MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership; David Flink, co-founder of Eye to Eye; and Isaiah Walker, Eye to Eye mentor.
January 25, 2013: 1:00 p.m.
View the slides from the following of today's breakout sessions:
(9:30 - 10:45 a.m. sessions)
- Peer Connections – Transforming Schools into Safer and More Supportive, Engaging and Inspiring Environments
- Recruiting Policy Advocates to Support Inspiring Program Innovations: An Urgent Call
- Somebody to Lean On: Developing a Framework for the Youth Assisting Youth Peer Mentoring Program
- Strengthening the Ties: Mentoring in Indian Country
- The Brotherhood Eradicating the Prison Pipeline through Lifelong Learning Strategies
- Sparks, Vision and Possibilities
(11:00am - 12:15 p.m. sessions)
- Faith-Based Mentoring Strategies for Effective Youth Outreach Development
- Inclusive Mentoring – A National Initiative
- Recruiting and Retaining Mentors: Practical Methods to Develop Lasting Relationships
- What it Takes to Make e-Mentoring Work: Introducing an Innovative e-Mentoring Program and Collaborative
(2:15-3:30 p.m. sessions)
(3:45-5 p.m. sessions)
- Building Futures – YMCA's Therapeutic Mentoring Model
- Creating Effective Community-Based Mentoring Relationships
- Developing Community-Based Mentoring Programs for At-Risk Youth
- Developing Corporate Partners into Champions for Youth Mentoring – A Two Perspective Approach
- Mentor Self-Efficacy and Perceived Program Support Scale
- Mentoring At-Risk Youth and Young Adults
January 25, 2013: 10:00 a.m.
Politicians, Peace-Makers and Partners Open Second Day Of the National Mentoring Summit
Keynote speaker Congressman Elijah Cummings (MD) with Candace Handy, former mentee, student at Towson University and employee with Rebuilding Together Baltimore;Tonya Wiley, MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership; and Selwyn Ray, Maryland Mentoring Partnership/Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Chesapeake.
January 24, 2013: 7:15 p.m.
Ernst & Young sponsored last night's Summit networking reception.
Michelle Ng and John Tierney (E&Y); David Shapiro (MENTOR); Rene Salas and Rita Mort Shankel (E&Y); Leroy Nesbitt (College for Every Student); and Kathryn Delli-Colli (E&Y)
January 24, 2013: 6:45 p.m.
Middle School Moment at the National Mentoring Summit Connects Youth Mentoring with School Dropout Prevention
January 24, 2013: 6:40 p.m.
View the slides from the following Afternoon Breakout sessions:
- OJJDP’s Multi-State Mentoring Program
- Relationships – The Key to Success
- paxUnited’s Positive Action Center – An Innovative Approach to Discipline Management
- Men in Mentoring
- 3R’s Recruitment, Retention and the Rewards
- A Service Partnership to Mentor Those Most at Risk
- Homegrown in Oklahoma-Corporate and Community Models and Best Practices
- Toward Better Quality Control and Enhanced Outcomes: Comprehensive Assessment of Match Quality
- Turning on a Dime: The 3 Keys
- Youth Mentoring Initiative
- The DREAM Program’s Village Mentoring Model
January 24, 2013: 12:45 p.m.
Corporate and Philanthropic Leadership Exchange Brought Together Nation's Corporations and Foundations to Advance Youth Mentoring in America:
Bank of America Charitable Foundation and MENTOR Co-Hosted Robust Discussion On Mentoring in Corporate America
Representatives from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation Include (L-R): Kristy Teskey, Melissa Anguilla, Susan Portugal, & Abby Goward
January 24, 2013: 12:30 p.m.
National Mentoring Summit Opens Today With Inspiring Mentor/Mentee Kickoff
January 24, 2013: 12:00 p.m.
View the slides from the following Morning Breakout Sessions (II):
- The SpringBoard: A Deep-Dive into Effective School-Based Mentoring yielding Sustainable Results
- New York City’s Mentoring Investment and Evaluation – A Key Strategy in the Young Men’s Initiative
- Innovative Life Skills and Career Exploration Activities and Matches
- Youth Mentoring and Correctional Facilities
January 24, 2013: 10:30 a.m.
View the slides from the following Morning Breakout Sessions (I):
- Inspiring and Achieving Career Path – An Innovative Youth Mentoring Program
- Mentoring Youth in Foster Care
- Keeping Your Mentors – MENTORING FOR LIFE
- Building a Bridge for Youth Careers – Corporate and Community Partnerships in Mentoring
January 23, 2013
Excellence in Mentoring in America Awards Presented at Library of Congress:
Vartan Gregorian, President, Carnegie Corporation; Geoff Boisi, Co-Founder of MENTOR and Chairman, Roundtable Investment Partners LLC; Senator Charles Schumer (D. NY); Willem Kooyker, Chairman of MENTOR and Chairman of Blenheim Capital Management. LLC, David Shapiro, CEO of MENTOR