Selected Participants will receive:
- A 10-month program consisting of a combination of in-person convenings and virtual trainings
- In-person convenings include trips to Washington, D.C. in October 2019 and July 2020 (Travel, hotel accommodations, transportation, and meals provided by MENTOR)
- Each month participants will participate in a virtual training
- A $1,000 stipend for successfully participating in the program
- Access to advocacy professionals who will serve as mentors during a monthly check-in
- Collaborative learning and leadership opportunities
- Applicants must reside in the following states: Alabama, California, Illinois, Kentucky, New York, or Virginia
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 24 years old when they apply for the program (Applicants must be 16 when the program commences in October 2019. Applicants who will turn 25 years old during the program’s run are welcome to apply as well.)
- Applicants below 18 years of age, must have a parent/guardian confirm their application and participation in the program and one parent/guardian or one parent/guardian approved adult must attend both events in Washington, D.C. (Travel, hotel accommodations, and transportation provided for one parent/guardian or one parent/guardian approved adult by MENTOR)
- Applicants must be currently participating in a mentoring program, participated in a mentoring program in the past or have experienced a meaningful informal mentor or role model (teacher, coach, family member, faith leader, etc.)
- Must have a letter of support from a non-family member regarding their relationship to applicant, applicant’s qualifications, specific successes, and why participating in this program might help the applicant accomplish their goals.
12 participants will be selected. All applicants will be notified via email if they have been selected by Friday, September 27, 2019.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Youth Advocates for Mentoring program are now closed.
For more information:
Contact Adriane Alicea, Director of Government Relations at AAlicea@mentoring.org
MENTOR thanks the following supporters of the Youth Advocates for Mentoring program.